blog #2 The ramp

 My class and I were recently assigned a math project of making a ramp. We received specific measurements which we were required to follow but had freedom as to what materials and designs we wanted. Some used Styrofoam, some used cardboard, and some used old pizza or shoe boxes. A few of my classmates painted theirs for the designs while a few didn't. The measurements were as expected:

Bottom length: 13cm 

Top length: 12cm

Width: free or choice




I used many materials but mainly made the ramp using thick Styrofoam. I used glue gun sticks to stick the pieces together. I also decided to use paper to make it look smoother. Since I felt the plain white paper was a little too "bland", I decided to little flowers on it in different colors. I used purple, blue, pink, and a darker shade of blue. 

In the picture below, I gathered all the extra pieces of paper from the edges and stuck them to the bottom to make the top look smoother.



The process didn't take much time but it did take a lot of effort. Getting the pieces to cut smoothly especially using only an Exacto knife was quite difficult. It was even harder to glue the papers as it wasn't a smooth surface. I put all of that aside and was able to finish it in around an hour. It ended up better than expected but I hope we never get assigned a project like this again. 

-Blog by Jude

Comments

Popular Posts